[GE users] qrsh with -o option doesn't generate a logfile?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Sep 11 23:54:36 BST 2008

Hi David,

Am 11.09.2008 um 23:45 schrieb David Barnes:

> I'm running 6.1u4
>
> Yep - after I couldn't get the "-o" to work, I already backed off
> and tried
> the "| tee logfile" and that works fine.
>
> Sorry, but I don't understand your last line:
>
> "The -o will write output from global/queue/PE prologs and epilogs."
>
> Does the "-o" option just not work for "qrsh"?

it will work "partially", means only for the output which is
generated in the mentioned scripts. As the execution of these e.g.
queue-prolog isn't attached to the interactive terminal process, you
would get some files otherwise in your home directory with its
output. If you want them in a different location or with a different
name, you could use -o.

-- Reuti