[GE users] Weigh usage by cluster time

Jordan Mendler jmendler at ucla.edu
Fri Sep 12 19:23:07 BST 2008

When weighing cluster usage for user's job priority, I only see options to
weigh usage by cpu, memory and io usage.

Is there any way to weigh usage by cluster time instead? The way I see it,
we allocate resources into 1 slot per cpu per node. When a user occupies a
slot, he is occupying a spot on the cluster, regardless of whether he is
using resources or sitting idle.

Therefore, I would like to weigh user priority based on how many slots a
user is occupying and for how long, regardless of if they are idle or using
lots of resources.

Is there any way to do something like this with SGE?

Thanks,
Jordan