[GE users] Help: Slots Problem

Lee Amy openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 15:17:51 BST 2008

Hello,

I build a small cluster with 5 nodes, every node has 2 Opteron 270 HE
processors(4 cores). There's a program I always called "TGICL" can use the
total amount of processors on one machine. For example, when I specific CPU
number of tgicl it will execute as the same number of threads. However, SGE
still shows the job is taking up 1 slot. But I have set 4 cores to run on
one node.

So my problem is how to let SGE know the "real" taking-up slots?

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee