[GE users] install execd clients

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 16:02:17 BST 2008

I have successfully installed the master host but I am having trouble
installing/configuring  the install execution hosts. I am using a
shared NFS filesystem for the spool and configuration so finding the
$SGE_ROOT and 'default' cell isn't too bad on the client. But when
trying to start up the client it says it can't find the master. So how
does the client know who the master is? Do I have to set an env
variable? Is it a good idea to have a shared file system for cells?