[GE users] Help: Slots Problem

Ravi Chandra Nallan Ravichandra.Nallan at Sun.COM
Sun Sep 14 13:17:57 BST 2008

Lee Amy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I build a small cluster with 5 nodes, every node has 2 Opteron 270 HE
> processors(4 cores). There's a program I always called "TGICL" can use
> the total amount of processors on one machine. For example, when I
> specific CPU number of tgicl it will execute as the same number of
> threads. However, SGE still shows the job is taking up 1 slot. But I
> have set 4 cores to run on one node.
>
> So my problem is how to let SGE know the "real" taking-up slots?
>
> Thank you very much~
>
> Regards,
>
> Amy Lee

If you want SGE to know the no. of CPU's used by tgicl you could use a
new complex (qconf -sc). And for restricting the usage of CPUs per tgicl
program you may force to request the complex by your program. Then you
could set the complex value at host level and making it consumable
should do the job.

Hope that helps.

--
regards,