[GE users] install execd clients

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 11:19:02 BST 2008

I am stuck here when trying to install execd

Checking hostname resolving
---------------------------

Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:

   ./bin/lx24-amd64/qconf -sh

The error message was:

   error: could not get environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT or
service "sge_qmaster"

You can fix the problem now or abort the installation  procedure.
The problem can be:

   - the qmaster is not running
   - the qmaster host is down
   - an active firewall blocks your request

Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y] >>

I am certain I added my client host, using "qconf -ah client".
default/common/act_qmaster has my server listed.

The server is running sge_qmaster and sge_schedd

Any thoughts? or ideas?

Also, I am certain there is no firewall.