[GE users] install execd clients

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:48:20 BST 2008

Sorry to pester, but now a new problem :-(

Command failed: ./bin/lx24-amd64/qconf -sh

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

This hostname is not known at qmaster as an administrative host.

Real hostname of this machine:                     host, the hostname
resolving  on this host will most likely differ from\n
Aliased hostname (if "host_aliases" file is used): the hostname
resolving method on the qmaster machine\n
Default domain ("none" means ignore):              mechengA.cs.unc.edu
Ignore domain names:                               none

The resulting hostname is:              =========> true

If you think that this host has already been added as an administrative

Please check and correct your >/etc/hosts< file and >/etc/nsswitch.conf<
file on this host and on the qmaster machine.

You can now add this host as an administrative host in a seperate
terminal window and then continue with the installation  procedure.

I have my /etc/services correct and the server is running the correct
deamons. Any ideas?

I also added the client into the execution

./bin/lx24-amd64/qconf -sh shows the clien'ts FDQN (mechengA.cs.unc.edu)