[GE users] install execd clients

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Sep 15 13:04:30 BST 2008

Am 15.09.2008 um 13:48 schrieb Mag Gam:

> Sorry to pester, but now a new problem :-(
>

> Command failed: ./bin/lx24-amd64/qconf -sh

When you source in your profile or system wide:

. $SGE_ROOT/default/common/settings.sh

you should get access to the binaries without the necessity to
specify the path. Also the correct architecture will be determined
automatically.

> Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
> Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.
>

> This hostname is not known at qmaster as an administrative host.
>
> Real hostname of this machine:                     host, the hostname
> resolving  on this host will most likely differ from\n
> Aliased hostname (if "host_aliases" file is used): the hostname
> resolving method on the qmaster machine\n
> Default domain ("none" means ignore):              mechengA.cs.unc.edu
> Ignore domain names:                               none

What are the tools in $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/lx24-amd64 saying, i.e.
gethostbyname, gethostbyaddr, gethostname?

The machine where you are issuing this command is also the qmaster?

-- Reuti