[GE users] How to combine SGE and Condor under the same submit system?

Atle Rudshaug atle at numericalrocks.com
Mon Sep 15 15:32:40 BST 2008

Hi!

I want to combine a dedicated cluster and the office workstations into a
grid like system. I want  large mpi jobs to run on a Rocks cluster
(which uses SGE) and smaller (mpi and non-mpi) jobs to run on available
SMP workstations (using some technique for cycle scavenging with
checkpointing and migration).

AFAIK Condor is better for cycle scavenging and checkpointing/migration.
Is there a way to combine SGE (for the cluster mpi jobs) and Condor (for
cycle scavenging on the workstations) under the same submit system
(GridWay? Condor-G? Condor-C?)? Or can SGE be used for the workstation
cycle scavenging, from the already up and running Rocks cluster, as well?

- Atle