[GE users] SGE-6.XuY: sge_request file - replace queue selection on command line?

Ravi Chandra Nallan Ravichandra.Nallan at Sun.COM
Tue Sep 16 10:14:20 BST 2008

Erik Soyez wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is there any possibility to replace the "-q" default settings of a
> sge_request file by command line options without discarding everything
> with "-clear"?  Our customer has the very simple idea of defining a
> default queue in case no "-q" is specified on the command line.  I'm
> quite sure I missed something (undocumented feature?)....
>
> Thanx!
>
> Erik Soyez.
>

> --

IMO this should be achievable without any change as the command line
options override your sge_request options.
So a -q in sge_request should be overridden by command line -q if present.

--
regards,
~Ravi