[GE users] sge_schedd process getting shutdown automatically

Reuti reuti at Staff.Uni-Marburg.DE
Tue Sep 16 11:36:01 BST 2008

Am 16.09.2008 um 07:12 schrieb manju a:

> i dont think so, already two times it has happen in two weeks!!!!
> its very strange.. i can see this messages in the following path /
> $SGE_ROOT/farm1/spool/qmaster/schedd/message...

...and then you just restarted the scheduler process or the complete
SGE? Shutting down the qmaster/scheduler on the master machine will
not affect running jobs. Maybe a complete shutdown and restart
removes any strange configuration in the setup when you perform it.

The master machine has plenty of memory (you can check with `free`an
`vmstat`)? Is there something in the /var/log/messages file of the
operating system, like the OOM-Killer is doing it, although I'm not
sure that this would be graceful shutdown with this proper message (I
would assume more a sigkill and no further output of the scheduler)?

-- Reuti