[GE users] user loads

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Sep 16 11:40:58 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 16.09.2008 um 02:14 schrieb Mag Gam:

> Hello All,
>
> As many of you know we are putting together a GRID at my university's
> engineering lab. I wanted to know if we can throttle a user's job
> depending on the load of the system. Lets say I have 16 servers and I
> would like to submit a job.Each of these servers are a exec hosts.
>
> node5 $ qsub very_large_job.bash

you are logged into node5 and not any login node or the master node?
By default this shouldn't matter, from where you submit the job and
it should run on any of the defined exec nodes in SGE.

You are observing, that jobs submitted on node5 are only running on
node5, like as if every node has it's own qmaster installed and runs
only locally?

-- Reuti