[GE users] Multiple users and policies

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Sep 16 19:40:58 BST 2008

Up until now, our group has delegated all SGE job submission tasks to
a single person (people do not like to learn new tricks).  Now, we are
going to have multiple users submitting jobs.  How can I ask SGE to
allow users' jobs to intermingle?  To give a concrete example, say I
submit 100 jobs and then a colleague submits 100 jobs.  I would like
my colleague's jobs to begin running immediately.  How can I tell the
scheduler to trickle jobs from various users on not exactly a
first-in-first-out model?

Thanks,
Sean