[GE users] arco question

alena plestilova Alena.Plestilova at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 17 08:33:05 BST 2008

Hi Mag,

Mag Gam wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know its possible to host the database on a different server, but is
> it possible to host the webconsole on a different server? I haven't
> been able to find any documentation on that and it would be nice to
> do. Currently, its running on my qmaster and I would like to dedicate
> a box just for reporting.

Sure, you can run the webconsole on a different host from qmaster.

> Also, to further understand the reporting feature, I was under the
> impression that its a 3 tier system meaning an application pulling the
> data (dbwriter) onto a database and a webserver having the "logic" to
> display the website and hooking to the database. Is that correct? or
> some other way around?

That's correct. Dbwriter module writes the reporting/accounting data to
the database and reporting module deployed to webconsole is a graphical
interface where you can create queries on reported data, save the
results, display them in desired format, and more. This all you can find
in ARCo documentation.

Regards,
aja

> TIA