[GE users] arco question

alena plestilova Alena.Plestilova at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 17 14:01:00 BST 2008

Hi Mag,

yes, $SGE_ROOT directory must be accessible from the host where the Sun
Java Webconsole 3.0 is running, ARCo application directory is located at
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/reporting directory.

What version of SGE do you use? For 6.2. see
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Accounting+and+Reporting+Console+(ARCo),
hope you find all information about ARCo.

Regards,
aja

Mag Gam wrote:
> Is there any documentation to run the webconsole on a different
> server? Also, would I need to source the settings.sh file? Do I need
> to share the $CELL and $SGE_ROOT directory to the new server?
>
> TIA
>
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:33 AM, alena plestilova
> <Alena.Plestilova at sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mag,
>>
>> Mag Gam wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I know its possible to host the database on a different server, but is
>>> it possible to host the webconsole on a different server? I haven't
>>> been able to find any documentation on that and it would be nice to
>>> do. Currently, its running on my qmaster and I would like to dedicate
>>> a box just for reporting.
>>>

>> Sure, you can run the webconsole on a different host from qmaster.
>>

>>> Also, to further understand the reporting feature, I was under the
>>> impression that its a 3 tier system meaning an application pulling the
>>> data (dbwriter) onto a database and a webserver having the "logic" to
>>> display the website and hooking to the database. Is that correct? or
>>> some other way around?
>>>

>> That's correct. Dbwriter module writes the reporting/accounting data to the
>> database and reporting module deployed to webconsole is a graphical
>> interface where you can create queries on reported data, save the results,
>> display them in desired format, and more. This all you can find in ARCo
>> documentation.
>>
>> Regards,
>> aja
>>

>>> TIA