[GE users] SETI

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 02:47:26 BST 2008

This maybe a OT question but I itch to ask:

Does or can Sun Grid engine function similar to SETI
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI)? The situation is we have over 600
desktops at our university and 80 to 100 core CPU servers. We use the
servers for numeric intensive operations but we would like to
introduce the 600 desktops to the GRID during night time to help the
operations. When morning arrives the 600 boxes will be off the GRID.
This will let us utilize all of our resources efficiently. Or is this
just not worth the effort?  Again, sorry if this is a OT or stupid
question.

TIA