[GE users] SGEfy a job

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 01:29:52 BST 2008

To refresh the groups memory I have a shell script like this:

broadcast.sh --command "friction.sh" --settings settings.cfg

What this script does is:
Logins to hosts via SSH and executes the command "friction.sh" on the
hosts with settings.cfg as its environment.

settings.cfg looks like this:
DEST=/concord/mech/dept
SOURCE=/concord/mech/deptS
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jre1.6.0_0

I managed to get qrsh working but instead I am using qsub. I am using
qsub because I can see the jobs using qstat and it will show the
status of the job. Is this a good method? Any downside to this method?
Any suggestions?

TIA