[GE users] Job Scheduling basics

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Sep 21 18:02:26 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 21.09.2008 um 17:30 schrieb Mag Gam:

> Currently I am having cron execute the qsub. Is there a scheduler
> built in for SGE instead of me using a cron script?

do you want to submit at certain times or execute at certain times? I
mean, you could submit all the jobs at once and give them a minimum
start time with the -a switch to qsub.

Or: you can define a calendar for some queues (a queue with only one
slot, enabled for one minute which is less than the runtime of the
job), and start one job per day (or any other interval you like) this
way.

In 6.2 you can also request a slot reservation in advance, into which
you can submit jobs which should start at a dedicated time.