[GE users] Re: [GE dev] Re: seeking more detail on spool log msgs relating to mailer failure (email handling on Apple OS X)

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Sep 22 21:23:40 BST 2008

Valerio,

This is huge for me, thank you very much. I've already verified that
this works for me on one test OS X system running 10.5 server. We
don't have any sendmail crash logs but using your suggestion of re-
setting the DLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable did the trick and we now have
SGE sending job emails properly.

I'm cc'ing this reply to the users list because I had asked there as
well. To recap for others -- we've had a problem with SGE on recent
versions of Apple OS X being able to send email. There were no errors
and no logs and substituting a wrapper script with extra logging did
nothing. It was only after re defining DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH that emails
started flowing again.

Regards,
Chris