[GE users] SGE memory management

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:26:01 BST 2008

I am curious how SGE allocates memory to a process.

Lets say you submit a job and you specify to only use 16G of memory.
All the exec hosts have 128GB of memory. Does SGE cap the process to
16g? I though that was a function of the OS to control how memory is
managed and not SGE. Sorry if this is a newbie question

TIA