[GE users] Please Review: Non-Multiplied Consumable Requests for Parallel Jobs

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Thu Sep 25 10:18:36 BST 2008

Mark,

does it mean that there use cases where your cleanup queue would accept
mpich jobs (which are non-starcd jobs)? Otherwise I guess the cleanup queue
would not include mpich in the pe_list.

Your suggestion sounds quite reasonable. Setting 0 for a consumable on a
queue works today and ensures a proper scheduling of a parallel jobs. If it
weren't allowed with a HOST consumable we'd introduce a limitation.

Andy