[GE users] Does qmaster protocol has changed between sge 6.2 and 6.1?

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Thu Sep 25 11:11:52 BST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to migrate our old SGE based on 6.1 to 6.2

With the debian package, this will help me to nice maintainance, but it
seems I have woes to contact the sge master host :

$ qhost
error: unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on host "master1.domain.com"

The port 536 is opened on the master host. But it seems there is some
difficulties to connect from 6.2 client to 6.1 qmaster?

Any clues ?

/Xavier