[GE users] Please Review: Non-Multiplied Consumable Requests for Parallel Jobs

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Sep 25 11:12:38 BST 2008

Hi all,

Am 25.09.2008 um 10:30 schrieb Roland Dittel:

> as Andy already mentioned in our Release Plan we intend change the
> multiplication by slots behavior for consumable requests with PE
> jobs. The spec how we suggest to target this issue is attached. Any
> feedback or comments are appreciated.

this is great and sounds reasonable. It will cover a few RFEs in
Issuzilla at once.

One small question: there was somewhere on the mailing list
mentioning, that his software needs one license per host, independed
from the number of processes/jobs running there (host-locked floating
license). As far as I understand the complex attached as HOST
consumable right now, it's per job on a node. So to cover his request
we would need another type like HOSTLOCKED / HOSTONCE or so? The
total amount could be specified by setting it in global then.