[GE users] Can't get SGE 6.1u5 to work on Linux/PPC64

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Sep 25 15:21:18 BST 2008

Hi Nick,

I'm guessing that maybe the PDC part of SGE on your ppc systems is
unable to poll the apple nodes to get load and state status.

Can you try the following?

Run the utilbin/loadcheck program on your PPC systems and see what
comes back?

Running it on my OS X intel macbook pro returns:

> $ /opt/sge/utilbin/darwin-x86/loadcheck
> arch            darwin-x86
> num_proc        2
> load_short      1.35
> load_medium     1.37
> load_long       1.39
> mem_free        2044.082031M
> swap_free       0.000000M
> virtual_free    2044.082031M
> mem_total       4096.000000M
> swap_total      0.000000M
> virtual_total   4096.000000M
> mem_used        2051.917969M
> swap_used       0.000000M
> virtual_used    2051.917969M
> cpu             45.5%

If you can't find the equiv for your PPC/Linux setup then I think that
may be the issue (SGE is running but can't collect local performance
data)

Regards,
Chris