[GE users] job submission verifier

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 02:47:19 BST 2008

Not really a question, just a comment:

While the qmaster side job submission verifier can slow down qmaster a bit, it may be the only solution to prevent a user who compiles his own qsub and bypasses the verifier.

And while qsub can send a hash or a "secret key" to qmaster to make sure that qsub is really the one from in the installation, it means a binary package is not possible. Furthermore, it would require the qsub binary to be world non-readable, but a DRMAA library has to readable or else the linker won't link.

So, it is good that we can handle things that other DRMs can't! But as most people are already happy with a simple client-side verifier, I think if time does not permit, the qmaster side verifier can be put into a later release.

 -Ron