[GE users] DRMAA submit job from another host

Atle Rudshaug atle at numericalrocks.com
Fri Sep 26 13:11:45 BST 2008

Reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 25.09.2008 um 15:31 schrieb Atle Rudshaug:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm trying to simplify our submit to queue system in our application
>> by going from manual submission to using DRMAA. However, now we are
>> submitting all jobs from a common submit host (everyone uses ssh to
>> log on to the common submit host and runs qsub...). Is it possible to
>> keep this behavior using DRMAA or do we have to install SGE on each
>> and every computer that should have this DRMAA functionality?
>
> whatever you prefer. The submission machines need just to be submit
> hosts. There is noting to install on these machines, besides having
> access to the proper libdrmaa.so.
>
> -- Reuti

Ok...so I do not need to install anything on the submit hosts? I thought
they had to run some daemons or something.

Do they automatically know about the master host just by linking in the
libdrmaa.so library?

or

Do I just register them as submit hosts with the master SGE host through
some provided script on an NFS location or similar?

- Atle