[GE users] NULL object pointer

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Mon Sep 29 15:28:28 BST 2008

I've just recently started to encounter the following error message when
running my qlicserver code from within an execd load-sensor:

NULL object pointer passed to function "spool_flatfile_read_object"

GridEngine 6.1u3 (still haven't had time to upgrade).
The headnode is Linux 32bit (SuSE 10.2).

I haven't touched anything fundamental on the GridEngine environment for
quite some time (ie, I don't suspect a mis-configuration), but lots of
other pieces of infrastructure have changed about: a replacement
NFS-volume, a really flakey windows DNS that was messing up on rarp (but
this has now been fixed).

Has anyone seen this error before or suspect where it might be coming
from? If I issue the "qconf" directly from the console, instead of via
Perl, it works as before!

/mark
message from your computer.