[GE users] fedora core 9

Andrea Lindner-Lorenz lorenz at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Sep 30 13:16:09 BST 2008

Hello,

we use SGE 6.1u2 . Since some days we have installed some of our submit
hosts with fedora core 9. We recognize that qstat does not work. Here
are the error message.

error: commlib error: can't connect to service (Connection refused)
error: unable to contact qmaster using port 6444 on host
"xyz.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE"

But SGE Qmaster use an other port which is set by nis-tables

ypcat services | grep sge
sge_qmaster     536/tcp         # communication port for SUN GridEngine
sge_execd       539/tcp         # communication port for SUN GridEngine

If I export SGE_QMASTER_PORT=536 that qstat works fine.

Does anybody else use fedora core 9? Probebly this problem is already
solve in a newer version.

Andrea