[GE users] Listing compute nodes assigned to completed job? / New "accounting" script

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Sep 30 19:29:59 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 30.09.2008 um 18:59 schrieb Mike Hanby:

> Is it possible using qacct or some other tool to list the compute
> nodes assigned to a completed job (successfully completed, error'd,
> qdel'd, etc) aside from relying on the users log files?
>
> qacct -j JOBID reveals the master node, but none of the workers.

as Mark mentioned, it's stored in the accounting file. Besides this,
you can also find it when you request "qacct -j <jobid>". With a
Tight Integration, every "qrsh -inherit ..." call would get an entry
in the accounting file, and you would also need to add them up to get
the right timings in total for a parallel job.

Although this will list the nodes, you might have to look at the used
CPU times to check, whether you got an uneven distribution, i.e.
something like:

node01 2
node02 1
node03 1

Please find enclosed a modified version of a script which I posted
already some time ago. By running it with "./accounting -j <jobid>"
you will get the used hostnames and each times besides the sum.

-- Reuti

    [ Part 2, Text/PLAIN (Name: "accounting.txt") 246 lines. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]