[GE users] Submit problems

zzachariah zackzac at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 00:34:06 BST 2009

I am new to Grid Engine. I have just installed it and am in the process of testing the install. I have set up a 2 exec hosts and a 1 qmaster. I tried to submit jobs that runs for 30 minutes and found that I could submit a job successfully and get it executed as root user. However when I try to do this as a regular user account the submission goes through but qstat does not report that the job is running. I login to the exec host and see that nothing is running. How can I see what happened to the submit. Is there a way to look into the logs and see what actually went wrong?

Thanks,