[GE users] limit the number of cores for each job in a queue

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Aug 1 18:58:39 BST 2009

Hi,

Am 31.07.2009 um 06:16 schrieb cdeligka:

>  I was wondering if there is a way to specify in a queue that only
> jobs
>  requesting a range of CPUs will be executed. For example, I have a
> queue
>  where I
>  would like to run jobs with at least 5 and at most 8 cores. I
> would like to
>  have
>  a different queue for jobs requesting 1-4 cores.
>
>  I am using SGE 6.1.

by default this isn't available, as there are no resource limits
anywhere to set per job. This would be like issue 2148 and 2147.

Nevertheless: what you can do is to upgrade to 6.2u3 and use a server
side JSV (job-submission-verifier) which will remove/add the proper
queue specifications when it detects a parallel job:

    if [ "`jsv_get_param pe_name`" != "" ]; then
       slots=`jsv_get_param pe_max`
       if [ "$slots" -le 4 ]; then
          jsv_set_param q_hard all.q
       else