[GE users] Submit problems

zzachariah zackzac at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 23:36:03 BST 2009

Hi Chris,

Thanks much for your reply. At the moment I am still pretty much at the same status. I just don't know what is happening behind the scene. I tried to check on the logs. My $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CEL?L/common/spool/ contains:

qmaster/  spooldb/  z15/      z16/

z15 and z16 are the two exec nodes.

#ls qmaster:

arseqnum        jgdi.stderr     jgdi0.log       job_scripts/    messages
heartbeat       jgdi.stdout     jgdi0.log.lck   jobseqnum       qmaster.pid

#ls z15:

active_jobs/  execd.pid     job_scripts/  jobs/         messages

The messages file in both directories do not contain any pertinent error messages or they do not log any messages while submitting my job.

As a root user I can run the job to completion on one of the exec nodes. It's a two hour job. As a regular user qstat returns nothing and does not show any status of the job.

Look forward to any pointers/solution

Thanks.

--Zac