[GE users] Submit problems

zzachariah zackzac at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:56:20 BST 2009

When I submit a job as non-root user, I login as the non-root user and use qsub to submit.

zkzac at z22 3 >> qsub m2a
Your job 25 ("m2a") has been submitted
zkzac at z22 4 >>
zkzac at z22 4 >>
zkzac at z22 4 >> qstat
job-ID  prior   name       user         state submit/start at     queue                          slots ja-task-ID
     25 0.00000 m2a        zkzac        qw    08/04/2009 09:38:47                                    1

obviously it is trying to submit. But this job actually take about 2 hours to complete and qstat returns nothing after about 30 seconds. Something is wrong somewhere and I am not able to trace it. The job does not even start as I can see no output. I am not seeing any relevant log entries also.

--Zac