[GE users] Submit problems

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Aug 5 14:35:36 BST 2009

Suggest you back up a step and confirm that SGE can run simple jobs as
your non-root user. This will help determine if you have a SGE
configuration issue or not.

Try something like:

qsub -cwd $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/examples/jobs/sleeper.sh

and see if that happens and if you get output. You can also copy that
sleeper.sh script into your own home directory and do a "qsub -cwd ./
sleeper.sh" on it.

While the job is pending or running you can do a "qstat -j <jobID>" on
it to see more information. The command "qstat -f" is also great as it
will show you if any queues, jobs or machines are in error states.

Remember that your user needs to exist on all the remote nodes and the
directory from where you are submitting the job should be shared out
to all those worker nodes.

-Chris