[GE users] Help: Share-based strategy problem

openlinuxsource openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 07:42:12 BST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM, reuti<reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 05.08.2009 um 12:29 schrieb openlinuxsource:
>
>> in out clusters we use Functional scheduling strategy well. Anyway, as
>> a cluster sysadmin I want to know more about Share-based strategy.
>> Could anyone tell me what it is and could someone provide me some
>> detailed information on such strategy?
>
> have a look at the HowTo page, namely:
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/geee.html
>
> http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0703/817-3179.pdf
>
> http://www.sun.com/blueprints/1005/819-4325.html
>
> -- Reuti
>
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Amy

Thank you sir. I read them anyway I still feel a little confused. That
seems this strategy will use fair share scheduling. If one user get
more tickets then he could get more resources of clusters but in next
time he submits jobs this strategy will gives him less resources of
clusters. Am I right?

And furthermore, I view documents but they are a little hard to
understand. Could you show me a simple example for that?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Amy