[GE users] Something Wrong with drmaa

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Fri Aug 7 07:49:54 BST 2009

Then try to get a simple C program to compile and run.  Try compiling
and running this one:

#include <stdio.h>
#include "drmaa.h"

int main (int argc, char **argv) {
   char error[DRMAA_ERROR_STRING_BUFFER];
   int errnum = 0;

   errnum = drmaa_init (NULL, error, DRMAA_ERROR_STRING_BUFFER);

   if (errnum != DRMAA_ERRNO_SUCCESS) {
      fprintf (stderr, "Could not initialize the DRMAA library: %s\n",
error);
      return 1;
   }

   printf ("DRMAA library was started successfully\n");

   return 0;
}

If that works, then there's no excuse for your Java app not to work.
The Java binding is just a wrapper around the C binding.

Daniel