[GE users] Timebased configuration of slots in "mpi" environment.

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 11 12:01:26 BST 2009

Hi,

Am 11.08.2009 um 10:18 schrieb jesperkrogh:

> I have a small cluster with 208 slots .. during working hours I'd
> like to
> limit the mpi pe-environment to 190 slots  and raise it to 208 during
> night.

what should happen to the running jobs when the limit is lowered again?

If the definition in the PE, you could use a cron job to change the
settings. SGE also supports calendars, but these are bound to queues
(i.e. queue instances). The complete cluster has more nodes in total
than the intended maximum in this PE, hence the PE is not just bound
to certain hosts?

-- Reuti