[GE users] More slots scheduled than available on execution host

s_kreidl sabine.kreidl at uibk.ac.at
Tue Aug 11 14:03:39 BST 2009

Hi Reuti,

I restarted the master in the meantime (a couple of times since I had some problems with advanced reservation also), and now it happened again, that some of the processes of a large parallel job were scheduled onto nodes that were already occupied with sequential jobs, thereby exceeding the maximum number of slots allowed on the host.

The circumstances are similar to the last time:
1. We are in a brutal load situation (99.8% load).
2. Not all slots of the hosts in question were occupied by sequential jobs, means there were open slots on the host, just not enough.

Has anyone an idea, where and how I could start searching for the problem? I'm out of ideas here.

Regards,
Sabine