[GE users] How do execution hosts look for jobs?

garyrichardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 20:22:58 BST 2009

I'm curious as to how execution hosts get jobs? Do they poll the qmaster? Does the qmaster push to them? Is there a way to change how frequently they check in?

I'm trying to minimize the amount of time a host doesn't have work.. In particular, I have a small grid with a short queue -- when a new job pops up I want an execution host to grab it as soon as possible.

Thanks.