[GE users] Dynamic RQS

sk00ter21 mbdavis at centtech.com
Tue Aug 11 20:36:19 BST 2009

I have a global license preemption issue that I could easily solve by
using dynamic RQS at the queue level, something like:

{
   name         limit_lic
   description  NONE
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        queues {lic_regression} to master=4-$user_lic
}
{
   name         limit_actual_queues
   description  NONE
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        queues {vcs_user} to user_lic=4
}

It looks like dynamic RQS is only available at a host level, is there
any chance it will be supported for queues in the future, or any other
way to work around this?

Another solution I could use would be if two queues shared a resource,
but one queue "saw" that more of the resource was available.  Eg.
regression queue and user queue together have 4 licenses, but user queue
thinks 8 are available (which will let it preempt and I'll kill the
regression jobs to free the license.

TIA,
Mike Davis