[GE users] How do execution hosts look for jobs?

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue Aug 11 20:39:17 BST 2009

Yep. The current recommendation is that in most clusters, you should set
flush_finish_sec and flush_submit_sec to 1 in the scheduler
configuration (qconf -msconf). That causes the master to schedule jobs
immediately any time something new comes in or a slot opens up. You
might also want to consider slightly oversubscribing your hosts (e.g. 5
slots on a 4-core machine), especially if your jobs are short, which I
assume they are.

Daniel