[GE users] How do execution hosts look for jobs?

garyrichardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 20:42:48 BST 2009

Sweet!

I found http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/tuning.html

Mine was set to 0.. I'm assuming that means use the interval scheduling. Now my workers are always busy!

Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:39 PM, templedf <dan.templeton at sun.com<mailto:dan.templeton at sun.com>> wrote:
Yep. The current recommendation is that in most clusters, you should set
flush_finish_sec and flush_submit_sec to 1 in the scheduler
configuration (qconf -msconf). That causes the master to schedule jobs
immediately any time something new comes in or a slot opens up. You
might also want to consider slightly oversubscribing your hosts (e.g. 5
slots on a 4-core machine), especially if your jobs are short, which I
assume they are.

Daniel