[GE users] qstat2 only shows my own jobs

uddeborg uddeborg at carmen.se
Wed Aug 12 10:43:10 BST 2009

Qstat2 looks like a nice thing!

I wonder about your handling of the -u flag.  Looking briefly in the
code, it seems like you only allow one to specify one's own jobs.  Why
is that restriction done?  (Or did I misunderstand the code?  It was a
quick check only.)

Unless one has some locally configured default flags for qstat, the
-u flag becomes pretty useless:  If I say just "qstat2" I get my own
jobs only.  If I say "qstat2 -u uddeborg" I also get my own jobs
only.  If I say "qstat2 -u anything-else" I get no jobs at all.

It would have been nice if qstat2 could show all users' jobs (without
assuming any special configurations).