[GE users] qstat2 only shows my own jobs

uddeborg uddeborg at carmen.se
Wed Aug 12 12:39:53 BST 2009

reuti writes:
> what about using "*" (with ") as argument?

That is part of the "anything else" case, i.e. I get no jobs at all.

Looking a bit more at the perl code, if I understand the it correctly,
when qstat2 sees a "-u" argument, it stores the user name as a valid
user.  It then compares the name given with the one of the listed
command.  (String comparison (eq), so "*" will never match.)

But it does not pass the flag on to "qstat".  And by default qstat
only lists my own jobs.  So qstat2 will never see any other jobs to
match agains.

I haven't yet figured out if there is a reason why qstat2 wants to do
this filtering itself rather than just pass the flag on to qstat.
That would appear simpler at first.

There is an analogous problem with the -j flag.