[GE users] qstat2 only shows my own jobs

bomb20 Harvey.Richardson at zeenty.com
Wed Aug 12 16:54:37 BST 2009

uddeborg wrote:
> Qstat2 looks like a nice thing!

Thanks for the feedback.

> I wonder about your handling of the -u flag.  Looking briefly in the
> code, it seems like you only allow one to specify one's own jobs.  Why
> is that restriction done?  (Or did I misunderstand the code?  It was a
> quick check only.)

The story here is that qstat2 existed before the GE default changed to
not show all jobs.  So it was useful to have -u to select users.
On the cluster I use the default is set to still show jobs for all users.

So what should be done if you don't want global or user sge_qstat files?

I can just remove this option (you can remove the "-u" case from
the parse_args subroutine in the scripts) if I assume nobody has an
old Grid Engine config.  Just make sure you quote the -u "\*" somehow
on your qstat2 command line.

Note that the "-j" flag is completely different.  With qstat this
completely changes the output format (so would not be allowed as
an argument to qstat2). So qstat2 uses it for job selection in
the output.

Harvey