[GE users] Assigning custom complex attributes values to hosts

emallove ethan.mallove at sun.com
Wed Aug 12 18:38:26 BST 2009

Hi,

I added a couple custom complex attributes via "qconf -mc":

  $ qconf -sc global
  #name                  shortcut    type        relop requestable consumable default  urgency
  compilers_available    compiler    RESTRING    ==    YES         NO         NONE     0
  os_distro              distro      RESTRING    ==    YES         NO         NONE     0

I want to be able to qsub a script, and have it run, e.g., on a
RedHat5 host which has the PGI compilers available:

  $ qsub -l os_distro=redhat5 -l compilers_available=pgi foo.sh

How do I set my user-defined complex attributes for each host in my
cluster?

-Ethan