[GE users] 'bpeek' clone?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 14 18:05:17 BST 2009

Am 14.08.2009 um 18:08 schrieb craffi:

> Exactly, I was thinking of a quick script that given a JobID would go
> out and print out the last N lines of the .o and .e files. Just didn't
> want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has already done this in a
> robust way.

A final version would also need to check "qstat -j" whether a custom
one was specified and replace the pseudo environment variables in the
path specification.

BTW:

a) Why are there always 2 NONEs in the specification? The first comes
from the specified hostname, ok. But the second?

b) Did anyone ever use the feature to specify a hostname there? When
I try it it seems to be ignored and written anyway, although the
hostname doesn't match. Maybe the first entry is something like a
default, in case the execution host isn't specified (and the hostname
always ignored)?

Examples:

1)

$ qsub -o node01:/tmp/wrong_file -q "*@node02" test.sh
$ ssh node02 ls /tmp
wrong_file

==> uses the wrong specification, should use the default one, i.e.
test.sh.o123. Even using a leading "," doesn't change it:

$ qsub -o ,node01:/tmp/wrong_file -q "*@node02" test.sh

is the same.

2)

$ qsub -o node01:/tmp/wrong_file,node02:/tmp/right_file -q "*@node02"
test.sh
$ qstat -j 872
stdout_path_list:           node01:NONE:/tmp/wrong_file

But in fact:

$ ssh node02 ls /tmp
right_file

==> Not listed in qstat -j but working.