[GE users] Rescheduled job joins output with originial job

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:32:00 BST 2009

On 8/14/09, luisico <lug2002 at med.cornell.edu> wrote:
> > For SGE the node crashed, as the execd is gone.
>
> I understand execd is gone and cannot control the job anymore, but I thought that
> since qmaster knows about it, it could do something about it as well. Guess not.

The job output may still be useful even if the job crashes... so it's
usually deleted by hand and not automatically by SGE.

> > > By the way is there an option to not append the output of a job to
> > > a previously existed file, ie each time a job is submitted with the
> > > same output filename, it should replace it and not append.

SGE already has code to truncate the output files. However, it's not
on by default and you need to change 1 line in the code and
recompile... so basically the prolog method suggested by Reuti works
best!

Rayson