[GE users] Qsub use

rpolich rpolich at sfbrgenetics.org
Mon Aug 17 16:40:50 BST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to exclude machines with large amounts of memory ( 64G )
from our normal machines ( 8G ). I have setup a queue called bigmem
separate from the default all.q. If a user submits a job using "qsub
simple.sh" for example, I do not want the high memory machines to be
touched. I would like the user to specify the bigmem queue with
something like "qsub -q bigmem simple.h" instead. Is this possible? We
are running 6.0u8. Sorry if this question has been addressed, could not
find it in the archives.

Thanks in advance,
Richard Polich