[GE users] Qsub use

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Aug 17 22:49:55 BST 2009

Hi,

Am 17.08.2009 um 23:22 schrieb rpolich:

> Daniel,
>
> But when you set up a complex to submit a job, doesn't one need a "
> -l <
> complex value >" attached to the qsub command? I would like users who
> issue qsub without -l to stay off the bigmem queue.

you could create/edit a file with a default request: /usr/sge/default/
common/sge_request

-q all.q

User requesting the other queue will override this default then.

-- Reuti

PS: You might need to upgrade to at least 6.0u11, as with some older
versions the behavior was to add the requested queue to the list of
the default queue(s). Or use "-clear -q bigmem.q".